You don’t need to be a technical expert to use a data logger. Find out how to set up a data logger and offload data with this helpful article.
Tinytag data loggers are designed to be easy to set-up and use so that you can start gathering data straightaway.
Each data logger needs to be activated and downloaded individually, and Tinytag Explorer software makes these processes straightforward and easy to do.
For full instructions on how to use your data logger and how to use Tinytag Explorer, please consult the relevant product manual and the Tinytag Explorer Quick Start Guide.
How to set up a data logger
- Install Tinytag Explorer software on your PC.
- Connect the data logger or radio receiver to your PC using a USB cable, USB Inductive Pad or LAN (Ethernet) cable (depending on the logger).
- Click the ‘Launch’ button in Tinytag Explorer to start your data logger.
- After launching, you will be able to adjust the settings of your data logger. These include a description for the logging run and alarms.
Once set-up is complete, the logger is ready to use, and you can unplug the logger from your PC.
Place the logger where it is going to record data and turn the logger on to begin recording!
How to offload data from your logger
Radio and LAN (Ethernet) loggers automatically transmit data to Tinytag Explorer.
To offload data from a USB data logger, simply:
- Remove the data logger from its position at the end of the desired period of recording.
- Connect the logger to your computer once again using a USB cable.
- Open Tinytag Explorer and select the ‘Get Data’ option to start downloading data.
Data is initially displayed in a graph, but it can also be displayed as a table of readings. Data can also be exported into third-party software for more detailed analysis.