Every engineer knows when you look at both figures that the more parts in a machine, the more complex the whole and the more maintenance the system requires. But does the customer know this too? Why not using KOOI®-ReachForks instead of a single pantograph.
Maybe we overlook something, but telescopic forks have several distinct advantages over a pantograph:
- More affordable.
- Less energy is required.
- Easy to install.
- Easily to swap.
- Excellent visibility.
- Reduced weight (approx. 35-45%).
- Improved residual lifting capacity.
- Virtually no extra lost load thickness compared to standard forks.
- Shorter mast height due to absence of moving auxiliary pantograph mast.
- No hinged parts, bearing, rollers meaning reduced maintenance costs.
- Double-pallet transport without the need for extra-long forks.
- Easy to install onto other equipment such as fork positioners or side-shifts.
- Improved residual lifting capacity due to fork positioner mounting on mast, hence reduced risk of tipping.