Supporting Regulatory Compliance Requirements
Installing a metal detection system can help food manufacturers achieve compliance with the following Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP)-based Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI)-recognised standards, which include but are not limited to:
Food and beverage based standards:
- The British Retail Consortium (BRC v6) Global Standard for Food Safety
- International Food Standard (IFS v6)
- The Foundation for Food Safety Certification 22000 (FSSC 22000)
- Safe Quality Food Code 7.2 (SQF)
Other schemes do exist but the five schemes listed above equate to probably over 90% of the adopted standards currently being applied.
Pharmaceutical based standards:
- 21 CFR Part 210 – GMP Predicate Rule
- 21 CFR Part 211 – GMP Predicate Rule
- 21 CFR Part 11 – Electronic Records & Signatures
- Good Automated Manufacturing Practice (GAMP)
Our product inspection equipment can also help pharmaceutical manufacturers comply with Good Manufacturing Practice, especially 21 CFR Parts 210 and 211, GAMP and 21 CFR Part 11, which are enforced by the European Medicines Agency (EMEA) in Europe and the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in the US.
So when selecting a metal detection solution for a food or pharmaceutical application, there can only be one choice
– METTLER TOLEDO Safeline.