Air cushions made from Storopack’s AIRplus® Bio Home Compostable film demonstrate that environmentally conscious packaging is possible by fulfilling the definitions of bioplastic: they are partly bio-based and compostable. The film consists partly of renewable resource starch. Air cushions of this organic film boast outstanding packaging characteristics and are ideal for protecting light to medium-weight products in boxes during transport.
The film is certified by TÜV Austria for home composting. End consumers can dispose of the air cushions alongside organic waste on home compost heaps. The microculture of the compost fully converts the organic film into carbon dioxide, water, and biomass, thus reducing plastic waste by closing the natural cycle.
BENEFITS AT A GLANCE
- The film is certified by TÜV Austria for home composting
- Complete degradation in private or industrial composting systems into natural, non-toxic resources
- A reduction in the volume of plastic waste generated
- Much shorter life (1 year on a compost) compared to products made from non-compostable plastic
- Partly processed from renewable resources, contributing to the Circular Economy
- Reliable protection for light to medium-weight products
- Biomass is safe for plants and worms
- Compatible with all AIRplus® machines that process Void film
Al Thika Packaging is the exclusive supplier of Storopack company in the Middle East. Since 1994 Al Thika has been supplying protective packaging machinery including void fill packaging Airplus, Airmove2 & Paperplus for food & non-food industries in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Fujairah, Ras Al Khaimah, Ajman, Umm Al Quwain, Al Ain – UAE, Saudi Arabia, Jeddah, Dammam, Riyadh, Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman and the many other Gulf countries.